Music is life, that's why our hearts have beat


We here at the thehepburnmovement strive to show the diversity of pinup/vintage culture every chance we get, to show that ANYONE and everyone can be a pinup regardless of your age, sexual orientation, or race. That despite the lack of representation in the media, we exist and are here to inspire others to step out into the spotlight. People from all kinds of nationalities and identities make up this community and we aim to show that with every post. We want to highlight the wide variety of pinup/vintage loving people because they come from all walks of life, and deserve to be seen. This weeks pinup is...


Miss Tammi Savoy

It is an honor to be able to include Tammi's story with all of you today and share her pinup journey. She is such a huge inspiration to us,not only is she a gorgeous pinup but also incredibly talented singer, hair stylist & most importantly amazing mom. She juggles the struggles of parenthood with grace,poise and elegance, something we hope to achieve one day. Not to mention that she never backs down from what she believes in champions for women's rights, is outspoken about equality for all & is super kind and down to earth. We are so grateful to share more about her today!



Photographer: Vavoom Pinups

When did you get into the pinup life style?

I have always loved the pinup style since I was a young girl. I remember seeing Gil Elvgren paintings and thinking that they were so beautiful. It wasn't until I was an adult that I was able to make it happen. In 2014, I decided that I would make a calendar for my husband. I went to Vavoom Pinups and had the best time of my life. They gave me a makeover, styled my hair, and helped me with posing. I have been hooked ever since. 

Photographer: Vavoom Pinups


Who is your biggest style inspiration?
There are so many lovely women who have paved the way. It is so difficult to choose just one. I will say that growing up I always loved to see Old Hollywood Stars. I didn't watch as many classic movies as I do now, but I do remember seeing Dorothy Dandridge for the first time and thinking that she was so beautiful. I loved the way she dressed and always wanted to dress that way myself. I also loved when I saw the Supremes on TV. I thought that they always looked so elegant. I would imagine myself being on stage and performing with them.  


How does it feel to be a minority in the pinup community? 
I really don't think about it much to be honest. I dress this way because it is what I love to do. I think that everyone including minorities should always do what they love and wear what they want. I will say that it makes me very happy to see that so many people are starting to embrace this style and are more comfortable wearing what they love. I will admit that I am guilty of thinking that 



Photographer: Vavoom Pinups


We hope you enjoyed this installment in "anyone can be a pinup"! We have admired Tammi for a while and are so happy that she agreed to participate! Tammi Savoy has a voice that can captivate you! You need to click on her youtube link to hear her sing! Not only is Tammi super talented she is also one of the nicest people we have met in the community!

We hope you enjoyed this weeks edition of "anyone can be a pinup" we are so thrilled to be bringing the series back with none other than the fabulous Miss Tammi, she is truly an inspiration to us and anyone who has the pleasure to know her. We are so thankful that this series has given us the opportunity to meet and learn more about incredible people in the community.

If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see us do next, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 


Paola & Kyra xx 



Aka"thehepburnmovement"


Links:


Tammi Savoy 

No comments