Falling in love with the (windy) city



Chicago is known for many things from pizza to a huge bean in downtown. This wasn't my first trip to Chicago, though it was my first as an adult and thus the city had a different mood about it. I was able to experience parts of Chicago and the surrounding areas I had never seen because the other times I was in the Chicago area I was with my family and we did more "tourist" activities. One of my favorite memories from my adventures was meeting up with Stephan Wang of smwangphoto and doing a photo shoot in the Downtown area!



One stop we had to make was to the bean (I had never been to the bean) and I had brought beanies from NatelleDrawsStuff to take photos of and we thought... Beanies bean brilliant! The bean wasn't nearly as interesting as some make it seem, but if you want to see the bean there is a baby bean in the public library that has no crowd!





I don't actually drink coffee, but I love coffee shops and Steven knew of the best ones!
We stopped by Hero to take photos in front of the "COFFEE" sign!



Another stop we made was to Goddess and the Baker where I bought a cute rainbow cake pin and a cup of tea! Steven also got a beautiful coffee for me to pose with, the barista was so sweet and made it extra special for the photos!




It's not often I get to wear cute layers so I took full advantage of the weather and brought out my favorite jacket! I got this jacket from a thrift store in Ocala, Florida for $15 and while I have worn it here and there I was so happy to bring it out for this trip!



Outfit Details: London Fog coat- Thrifted/ blouse and green sweater- borrowed from Anna/ skirt- vintage gift from Paola and Anna/ tights- borrowed from mom/ boots- Modcloth/ belt- thrifted/ earrings- reverefolie/ scarf- talbots 





I took this trip with my boyfriend Ricardo, who spent part of his life in the Chicago area! We had a locals perspective thanks to our friends who were sweet enough to let us stay with them and show us around the city. And thank you to Steven who captured the best memories of my trip to Chicago (all of his links will be at the end of the post)! My one tip is if you want to do something, do it! I really wanted to see second city and decided to go to a cheaper improve show and hated it and so next time I am going to go to a second city show.


Contact SMWangphoto!
Facebook
Website
Instagram

If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see us do next, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.

As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola & Kyra xx 

Aka"thehepburnmovement"

No comments