Calling all adventurers!



Kungaloosh Adventurers! It's that time of year again! What time might you ask? Well it's Adventureland day ofcourse! For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, have no fear Paola is here to explain everything. Now Adventureland day is a fan hosted event that takes place in both Disneyland in California  and Walt Disney World here in Florida. It was created last year by none other than Tiki Tony himself. It brings together all lovers of Adventureland and anything Adventure related. Everything from Tarzan to Indiana Jones himself, quite the all encompassing event isn't it? Last year I stumbled upon it by chance and had such a  wonderful time I knew I had to attend agin this year. I couldn't have been more happy that i did not only was the turn out amazing, but it was even more fun than the last one and i can't until next year's. Keep scrolling to read more about the activities that took place, the adventurers I met and of course what I wore to Adventureland day!







About Adventureland day!

As I said before Adventureland day is a fan created event,but that doesn't stop people from going. In fact this years headcount for WDW alone was well over 175 people, now what makes this event so exciting for everyone? If not for the fact that we are all brought together for our mutual love of all things adventure then definitely for the fun activities and prizes. The official WDW schedule is posted above and made it so even the adventurers who came later in the day could join in on al the fun. My favorite activity hands down is always the scavenger hunt,while last year I joined just as the final run was going this year I was there bright and early, it definitely paid off.


This year's scavenger hunt was very different from last years which made it all the more challenging and exciting. Everyone divided up into smaller groups and chose a team leader. That team leader was given a wrist band and would be the only one able to retrieve the map and clues. Each team was given a different colored map to make it a bit more competitive and had corresponding clues to go with it. I've included pictures of my map and clues, these were unique to this specific color map.


Above you can see a list of the rules found on the back of the map that proved to be helpful along with the first clue. Each clue led to a new spot,a new riddle to figure out and a new piece of the puzzle.  The most important thing was keeping track of the order of the clues to be able to complete the puzzle. All the clues were acquired,I realized a surprise was waiting on the back! 

If you kept the clues in order you would be able to correctly decipher the phrase,  and find the idol. I'll admit riddle solving is not my speciality so it took me awhile to reach the end but I had so much fun gathering the clues I'l definitely join in next year. Albeit I'll definitely wear more comfortable shoes as it required quite alot of walking. Can you figure out what the phrase says?



 Adventurers


Adventureland day outfit

Outfit details: Lace off the shoulder white top -Forever 21 Similar here/ Tropical print sarong skirt-thrifted Similar here/Cream wedges- DSWshoes Similar here


Accessories: 1950's wide brim sunhat-vintage Similar here/ Tiki room bird pins-Charmed and Cozy/ 1950's parrot earrings-vintage similar here/ multi colored bangles-thrifted similar here / White Gardenia hair flower-Belle Blossoms/ White cat eye sunglasses-Amazon
Makeup: Brows,lashes & Liner- Black cake mascara -Besame Cosmetics/ Eyes: Keep Singing palette -Besame Cosmetics/Cheeks:Rose delicate rogue- Besame Cosmetics/ Lips: Red hot red-Besame cosmetics



I hope you had as much fun reading about adventure land day as I did attending it. I also hope you feel inspired to go next year, I promise you won't regret it. A special thanks to the Adventure land day crew for putting together such a wonderful event I can't wait until the next one! it's such a wonderful day surrounded by like minded people all dressed in their best adventure gear. It's the perfect opportunity to make new friends, reconnect with old ones and as always find a new adventure! Will you be going to the next one? Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 

Adventureland day:

Instagram

Website 

Facebook
                                                            


If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see me go to next, feel free to comment below and I'll do  my  best to reply in a timely manner.



As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 



Paola xx 
aka "thehepburnmovement" 

2 comments

  1. I love your outfit! That skirt is so fantastic! I'm so glad that Tiki Tony made this a two park event!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete