Tale as old as time


It's the best time of the year! Dapper day season has come again and I couldn't be more excited to share this year's adventures with you. For those of you who don't know, or are a little lost wondering what dapper day is, let me explain. Dapper day is an event that takes place in Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Disneyland Paris twice a year. Once in the spring and then again in the fall every year. While not an official Disney event it has grown so much in popularity and size over the years, even the cast members know when it's coming. 



Now, what is Dapper day you ask? Why it is an event created to pay homage to the opening day looks of Disneyland. A chance to wear your Sunday's best and travel back in time to when the parks first opened. It's an event where people go all out in whatever their idea of Dapper is and it truly is the fashion event of the season at the parks. My favorite thing about Dapper day is seeing everyone dressed to the nines, having the time of their lives at my favorite place. 

As someone who does this regularly, it feels nice to not stick out like a sore thumb for a weekend. It's a chance to meet folks who love to dress up too and all in all just have a ball. I had the pleasure of spending this dapper day weekend with my dear friends Maggie and Cailey who came from out of state to attend. It was the first time we were all together at the same time and to say that it was incredible would be an understatement. We spent it together just us girls, our significant others and friends. Keep scrolling to see the magic that unfolded for Day 1 of Dapper day weekend at the Magic Kingdom!

Dapper folks





Dapper looks


Outfit Details: 1940's gold gown-vintage/Red kitten heels-thrifted/1950's Red rose petal hat-vintage/ 1950's Golden yellow gloves-vintage/1950's red rose errings-vintage/Chip purse-Primark/Enchanted Rose pin-WDW
Makeup: Brows, lashes & Liner: Black cake mascara- Besame cosmetics/ Eyes: Princess designer palette-Colour pop cosmetics/ Cheeks: Rose delicate rogue/ Lips: Red hot red- Besame cosmetics






Outfit Details: Double breasted blue suit- Alain Dupetit/Brown loafers-thrifted


 Accessories: 1930's boater hat-vintage/1950's red rose pin-vintage/Gold and blue striped tie-thrifted

I hope you enjoyed this recap of the first day of Dapper day weekend at the Magic Kingdom. I had such a magical time being able to spend it with my out of state friends. It truly made the experience unforgettable. I also had the pleasure of meeting so many of you. Thanks to all of you lovely folks I had the most fun and love filled dapper day yet. I love dapper day and how it brings the whole community together. I love the style and fashion, the sense of community and getting to time travel while at Disney. There's truly no other event or experience like it. I wish that it could be Dapper day all the time. I simply can't wait until the fall! Until next Dapper day Magic, you truly were a tale as old as time.


Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 

                
If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see me do next, feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner.



As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 


Paola xx 
aka "thehepburnmovement" 






No comments