Anyone can be a pinup at Greaserags!


Now this weeks post showcasing pinups is a little different than usual. Instead of sharing one story, we are sharing quite a few. We felt it would be the perfect addition to the series, because it featured pinups from all walks of life, from all corners of the world demonstrating what it truly means to be a pinup. The answer is, just being yourself above all else. Joining our first EVER pinup contest helped us not only meet amazing women in the community, but to also get a wonderful first hand look at what being pinup is all about. Each one of these incredible women were so inspiring, kind, thoughtful, friendly, motivational and all around sweethearts. It was an honor to be up on that stage among them, showing that ANYONE can be a pinup. And the winner is.... EVERYONE! That's right! We won the most important prize of all, new friendships and the amazing experience. We cannot wait to do more contests and see these lovely ladies again! 

Let the contest begin!

 
Meet the contestants



1. Miss Lilian O'Malley: "Hi, I'm Miss Lilian O'Malley! I'm a mom of three beautiful children from Jacksonville, Florida and I love all things vintage, retro, geeky, Halloween, and Disney! You can just call me you're quirky, geeky pinup!"



2. Ida Mae: "I'm Ida Mae. I am a North Idaho transplant to the sunshine State, because unlike snow, you don't have to shovel sunshine. I'm a classic car enthusiast and enjoy working on my jukebox."


3. Darlene Darling: Darlene Darling is a Florida pinup with a love for yesteryear and theatre. She works at a three story candy store and is wonderfully obsessed with Gene Kelly.

4.  Miss Kitty Douglas: "I'm from jax fl and got into vintage/pinup about 2 years ago. It's been an awesome time and I've met the best and most supportive people. I love cats, naps and video games when I'm not being a pinup."


5. Lula Bee Goode: "My name is Lula Bee Goode and I'm a Louisiana transplant with an affinity for all things vintage. I love classic cars, science fiction, and I especially love retro hair and makeup styling!"

6. Cecillia Opal & 7. Miss Lola Hepburn: You can read more about us HERE



8. Georgia Fury: "I am Georgia Fury, a southern pinup with a passion for classic cars! I enjoy participating in car shows with my 1955 Pontiac, sewing vintage reproduction clothing and volunteering with K9s for Warriors. In my downtime you can find me roughhousing with my two Great Danes or simply reading a good book."

9. Missa Be'Haven: "They call me the skydiving pinup. When I'm not working, I am jumping out of planes."


 
Congratulations

1ST
2ND

3rd

 

Special thanks to Grease rags Cindy Platt
Thank you for hosting such a wonderful event, you made us feel welcome and at ease, despite it being our first ever pinup contest. Your kindness and friendship are what truly made this event unforgettable. Thank you for coming out to show your support, despite it being your birthday!
A little bit about Cindy, "Two time cancer survivor. Ex-Corporate Banker. Working hard to teach women to feel confident in their own skin. Founder of ROCSTART, a nonprofit organization that provides financial support to oral cancer patients. My goal for everything I do is to lead by example and hopefully inspire others to live a fearless and fiercelife."

 
We hope you enjoyed this weeks edition of "Anyone can be a pinup and  learning about these lovely ladies.  It's not often we get to show case so many amazing pinups in one post, but we felt it simply had to be done. While it was our first ever pinup contest, it certainly will not be our last. Especially if we meet wonderful ladies like this every time around, they made this an experience we'll never forget. We all left feeling like winners and to us, friendship is the best prize of all! 

If you have any comments,questions or even suggestions on who you'd like to see us feature next, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola & Kirsten xx 

Aka "thehepburnmovement"


No comments