Let the adventure begin





Hello,how do you do ? my name is Paola (Pa-OH-la) but if that seems more like a tongue twister than  a name feel free to call me "Lola" I won't mind + will gladly reply to either. I'm glad you stumbled upon our blog and we hope you'll stick around to see what the future holds for it. I'm a twenty year old currently residing in Orlando,Florida aka the sunshine state or as I like to call it the seasonless state. I kid you not the most "weather" we get is rain followed by endless amounts of sunshine and heat. I am a full-time student studying to be an SLP so,I spend my weekdays tucked into school books,trying to document my outfit of the day through pictures,living with my twin sister Anna and our yorkie+cocker spaniel mix puppy Minnie.

My style is ever evolving but I tend to lean towards the pinup look , think more along the lines of Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday than Bettie page, although I mimic her iconic hair do thats about as risqué as I'll get for now. I wear red lipstick and cat eyes like they're going out of style, I never leave the house without either. You'll never catch me in anything other than dresses or skirts they're like a second skin to me. I am a vintage aficionado / retro glam enthusiast. I just find myself more drawn to the stylings of the past, from my hair do to the clothes I wear I try to do it justice. I'm more akin to the 40s-50s but id be lying If I said I didn't dabble in and out of other eras every now and then. 

If a tiny little thing passes by you in a flurry of petticoats and rambunctious curls muttering strange things under her breath (probably some harry potter spell wishing I could use magic without getting in trouble) thats probably me and if I don't see you please say hi. Harry potter spells aside i am actually quite friendly, its either that or I'm going on about one of my favorite disney movies and id love to indulge in a conversation. Especially if its about any of the previously mentioned things. You're never too old for Disney and for the naysayers you just haven't had the Paola experience yet + I promise it will be life altering.



Hi, I am Kirsten (like with an EAR), but I also go by Kyra (story for another time!).  I am a twenty-one year old college student who is studying psychology and planning on working with autistic children or soldiers with PTSD. I am also working for a tour company in Orlando, FL. From June '15 to January '16 I was in the Disney College Program here at Walt Disney World, I was working at Pirates League in Magic Kingdom! One of my secret lifelong goals is to be a standup comic, but I feel like once I get on stage I wouldn't be funny anymore.

My style is very vintage inspired, but I also am a very lazy person so I typically don't do much to my hair or if I do it's something that I took very little effort to do. My style mixes and moves with how I feel I own a lot of 50's inspired things, but also modern dresses that I can just throw on and walk out of the house (LAZY). One of the fashion icons that inspired me is Audrey Hepburn, because she is effortlessly elegant. I would consider my Audrey style closer to Audrey's character in Funny Face as apposed to others. In all honesty if I was able to afford and completey pull off the 1920's style like that of Miss Phryne Fisher (Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries) I would in a heart beat!



We hope you have stumbled upon our page in good health and if not we hope our words can offer you some respite until you're back to your healthy self. We have decided that this is the year that we are going to stick to our new years resolutions starting a blog is on the top of that list and if not all of them at least this one. We hope you'll continue to follow us along on this journey to see what the new year has in store for us. 

We are wishing you the best of luck on all your endeavors &  hope you'll come visit again soon,

Happy New year ! Heres to 2016 may it be the best one yet, it was a pleasure to meet you if we do say so .
Best wishes,Paola + Kirsten xx
           aka 
"Thehepburnmovement"

7 comments

  1. Oh I'm so excited for you both I know your posts will be just as enchanting as you two are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so excited to reading every post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support <3 :) its wonderful seeing familiar faces !

      Delete
  3. Aw, cute!! Love this! And I have that castle skirt but in pink. Happy blogging ;) XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable style! Very random but my boyfriend runs a dog deli that you girls popped into the other day in Audubon Park (I imagine you were visiting The Lovely) and they saw your information and he passed it off to me to check out your blog. I actually sell vintage clothing and most recently moved into the Altamonte Adjectives Market if ever you girls need anything for photo shoots,etc. So great stumbling upon your site. Keep up the great work :o)

    Jessika
    Skirt Chaser Superette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ! He actually told us about your store briefly but didn't mention where. (We actually just stumbled upon your shop but you weren't there,we'd love to get in touch with you). We appreciate the support immensely and look forward to hearing from you soon .

      Paola & Kirsten xx
      "aka thehepburnmovement"

      Delete