Think of a mermaid lagoon



Second star to the right and straight on till morning! Off to Neverland we go thanks to Besame Cosmetics new "Mermaid Lagoon" collection, inspired by the mermaids from Peter pan.  No movie has shaped me more than Peter pan. My life motto is to never grow up, and spread pixie dust in every way I can. This movie has brought endless joy,wonder and appreciation for magic. I am so excited to be able to combine my love of Peter pan and vintage style make up for today's post. Besame cosmetics and Disney are a match made in heaven, are you ready to se more of this amazing collection? Join me underneath a magical moon to celebrate Peter Pan's 65th anniversary thanks to Besame cosmetics!





About the collection

This collection was made in partnership with disney to celebrate Peter pan's 65th anniversary! This collection captures the fun whimsical nature of the mermaids, with  sheer elegance and a colorful array of choices to please fans everywhere.

You read that right,it's a whole collection! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Besame was making a whole collection in honor of Peter Pan's 65th anniversary. The collection features three new lipstick shades, an eye shadow palette, a bronzer,pearl shimmer compact and mermaid perfume. Today I'll be reviewing everything except for the perfume! 


Eyes:

Treasures of the lagoon shadow palette:
According to the Besame website  "This special edition shadow palette from our 1953 Collection draws all of its colors and designs directly from the Ink and Paint cels of Mermaid Lagoon. The names of the colors refer to the original names of the actual paints used by the animators.

Review:

This has quickly become my favorite go to eyeshadow palette, the colors are rich,vibrant and incredibly buildable. I love the different textures and styles from the glimmering iridescent white,to the rich matte pink shades. Each shade in the palette is named after the original shades used by the animators when painting. The colors blend together beautifully or present nicely on their own, I used the palette to create two separate looks to show off the versatility of the palette. My favorite part about the palette is how large the pans of shadow are, there's so much product in each circle.The pink shades even double as blush  and the white as a nice highlight for your brow bone,cheeks,nose and cupid bow. The possibilities are endless with this  bright & colorful shadow palette.


Lips:


Waterlilly blossom red & Mermaid kiss: This red is described as a pink-based medium tone lipstick, its truly unlike any other red lipstick I've ever tried. It is now my everyday red for a softer, more approachable and under stated yet lovely red. Mermaid kiss adds an extra touch of glitter and shine to my lips,its a very lovely top coat.

Starfish pink & Mermaid kiss: If you're looking for a show stopping,color packed pink then look no further. This pink packs a punch in the best way possible.It is so vibrant and fun I see this becoming a staple color for me in the summer months. Mermaid kiss adds an extra touch of glitter and shine to my lips,its a very lovely top coat.

Cheeks:


Golden sand bronzer: I will admit this is the product i was the most hesitant about as I have never used bronzer. This was surprisingly alot easier to use than I thought it would be. It added a nice warm glow to my cheeks and blended very nicely with my skintone. I like this for the days i feel I look a bit more pale or just want that sun kissed look, it wasn't as dark on my complexion as i've seen on others but over all I was happy with the results.

Pearl shimmer compact: If you're looking for a translucent powder that not only sets your makeup but adds a bit of shine,then look no further. The powder in this adorable one of a kind compact designed by Besame is the perfect touch. It's lightweight and seamlessly blends into your skin with a slight shimmer added in. This is my new favorite translucent powder,sets my makeup with an added bonus of shine. It leaves my skin looking matte and my makeup flawless, for those in need of a unique translucent powder this is the one for you.
Makeup & styling


Makeup details: Brows, lashes & Liner- Black cake mascara-  Besame cosmetics/ Eyes: XBG-3,BEET-106,BAMBOO-105- Treasures of the lagoon palette- Besame Cosmetics/ Cheeks: BEET-106 worn as blush,White as highlight-Treasures of the lagoon palette- Besame Cosmetics/ Lips: Waterlilly Blossom red -Besame Cosmetics

Outfit Details: 1950's pink suit jack- Veracious Vintage co/ 1950's mint dress-vintage/Black t-strap heels-thrifted/ Besame lily pad beret- Besame Cosmetics/1950's pink clamshell hat-vintage/ Pink sea shell earrings- Insomniac creations


Makeup details:Brows, lashes & Liner- Black cake mascara-  Besame cosmetics/ Eyes: Tile 106,GR-5,0G-11- Treasures of the lagoon palette- Besame Cosmetics/ Cheeks: XR-20 worn as blush,White as highlight-Treasures of the lagoon palette- Besame Cosmetics
Outfit details: 1950's orange cropped jacket-vintage/1950's mint dress worn as skirt-vintage/gold belt-thrifted/black t-strap flats-thrifted/Lily pad beret-Besame cosmetics/ Sea shell pin- Femmedebloom





I hope you enjoyed this review of Besame Cosmetics newest collection in collaboration with Disney. The Mermaid Lagoon collection is simply phenomenal in every way. As an avid makeup and Disney lover,I cannot recommend it enough. If I had to pick one item to get..well I couldn't choose that's how much I love it. Have you tried the collection yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, let's talk in the comments below!


Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 

Besame:                                                 Erick Paul Photo


If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see me review next, feel free to comment below and I'll do  my  best to reply in a timely manner.



As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 


Paola xx 
aka "thehepburnmovement" 




*DISCLAIMER: These items were given to me for free by Besame, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. *

1 comment

  1. Thanks for share your valuable information keep update your Blogs. if you need any makeup or fashion tips visit us best beauty parlor in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete