Not so black and white!



There's no denying my affinity for color, my personal mantra in life is to make everyday as bright and rainbow filled as possible. It's not that I'm not a fan of black and white,in fact they are two of my favorite colors. Once upon a time in my teenage years I used to only wear black, my how the times have changed. I've come a long way since then,albeit I'll never say no to a good little black dress. It felt nice to try something a bit different for this blog post, after all my affinity for vintage began with the old black and white movies. It's more so that I feel the possibilities to work with colors are endless,whereas black and white doesn't come in varying shades or hues. I think thats what makes dressing in all black and white a bit challenging for me. While black and white clothes may not be my favorite color combo,there's no denying that classic charm and elegant feel you get from it. It almost feels like stepping back in time, which is what I tried to do with this post. Keep scrolling to see the inspiration behind my look and see more photos!







Inspiration
 My love of vintage and penchant for fashion began thanks to old movies,most notable Audrey Hepburn in Funny face. After seeing my first Audrey movie I simply fell inlove and made it my quest in life to watch as many as possible. There are a few over the years that have left a lasting impression on me but none as big as white christmas. This is my favorite christmas movie of all time and I watch it more times a year than I care to admit. I've always dreamed of recreating outfits from this movie someday, especially the iconic blue sisters duet dresses.(if you haven't seen it do yourself a favor and google it,you'll thank me later). When I finally had all the pieces to recreate one of my favorite infamous outfits from the movie, I knew I had to blog about it. While this outfit only appears for a short scene it is one of the most well known and I had so much fun recreating it with my own twist ofcourse.



OUTFIT


outfit details: Black 3/4 sleeve cardigan - MAKSWEATER/ Cream colored turtle neck sweater- MAKSWEATER/ Black and white gingham circle skirt-Dollmeupinc/Black iones-BAIT

ACCESSORIES



Accessories: White cat eye sunglasses-Amazon/White holiday hair flower-Jinney's place/ 1950's white clip on earrings-vintage/ Black 1950's gloves-vintage/ Red thin belt-Modcloth

MAKEUP DETAILS
Makeup: Brows,lashes & liner- Black cake mascara- Besame cosmetics /Eyes: Naked palette-Urbandecay/Cheeks: Rose delicate rogue- Besame cosmetics Lips: Red hot red- Besame cosmetics


I hope you enjoyed learning the inspiration behind this outfit and seeing me in a color palette out of my comfort zone. It was so much fun recreating this look with my own personal touches, it really pushed me to think outside the box. Fashion for me is more than just an outlet, it is a chance to express myself. I loved being able to recreate Vera's iconic White christmas outfit, the movie holds a very special place in my heart. I think it's one of those movies you can watch year round and be happy. Are there any other looks you'd like me to recreate? Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 

Besame:                                                 Erick Paul Photo



If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see me do next, feel free to comment below and I'll do  my  best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 



Paola xx aka "thehepburnmovement"

No comments