I just can't wait to be queen






I'm going to be a mighty queen so enemies beware. Well, I've never seen a queen of beasts With quite so little hair. If Simba can do it I definitely think I can, I mean how hard can it be? If you haven't figured it out by now this outfit is inspired by Lion King! Specifically, it is a Simba Disney bound based on the "I can't wait to be king" song sequence. As a child Lion king was a staple in our household, we watched the movies at least twice a week if not more. We loved them all, especially Lion King 1 and 1/2, so seeing Disney recreate a movie that was such a giant part of my childhood made me so happy.

At first, I didn't know whether to be scared or terrified of what they would do to it. I've been a big fan of the live actions for the most part. (Looking at you BATB, you let me down). So I chose to remain cautiously optimistic until I saw it myself. Well, folks, I'm coming to you a few days after watching it, as I needed some time to process everything. Without any spoilers, I can honestly say that I loved it. It had the perfect touch of nostalgia with new and original takes on my favorite scenes and characters. I enjoyed every minute of it and I'm so glad I went to see it.  Have you seen it yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! Even if you haven't I think you'll enjoy a trip around the pride lands with me. Keep scrolling to see more of my Lion King filled adventures and get outfit details!




Hakuna Matata










Everything the light touches




Outfit details: Golden yellow cropped top-Forever 21/ Tan dress worn as skirt-gifted/ Brwon strappy sandals-thrifted


Makeup details: Brows, Lashes & Liner: Black cake Mascara - Besame Cosmetics/ Eyes: Princess Designer Palette-Colourpopcosmetics/ Cheeks: Rose delicate rogue-Besame Cosmetics/ Lips: Red hot red -Besame cosmetics




Accessories: 1950's orange patterned headscarf/thrifted/Gold hoops-Forever 21/Multi colored bangles-thrifted/ Gold braided belt-Thrited/Giraffe Necklace-thrifted




I hope you enjoyed this outfit inspired by The Lion King. This movie was such a huge, fundamental part of my childhood I had so much fun paying homage to it. Not to mention getting to experience it all over again as an adult. Are you going to watch the "new" Lion king? Have you already seen it? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 

If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on who you'd like to see me bound as next, feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 




Paola xx aka "thehepburnmovement"


No comments