Someday I'll be part of your world




This outfit is inspired by the kiss the girl scene from the little mermaid. I'm sharing it today in honor of the  casting of Halle Bailey for Disney's live action adaptation of The Little mermaid. The backlash, and blatant racism that ensued when it was announced left me utterly speechless. I knew I had to address it on here and show love and support to my favorite princess. If you've been a long time follower then you know how much Ariel means to me, so I'm so excited to show my support for Halle and represent my favorite princess.


 Look at this stuff,isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? The answer is no! We WOC have FIVE Disney princesses who have their own movies, whereas the white princess count is double that. It won't be enough until our representation is equal and varied. We deserve more than stories that are inaccurate, and harmful. We deserve to be seen as heroine's , to have our stories told and shared. We deserve to be "part of your world". One where children of all shapes,sizes,gender,sexual orientation and  ethnicity etc .get to see themselves on screen. A character who truly embodies who they are and shows that anyone can achieve their dreams. I won't stop fighting until we get one. In the meantime my little brown self will dress up as every single one,to show other brown folks that we Can and ARE princess material. Keep scrolling to join me on an under the sea adventure.





Under the sea









Part of your world


Outfit details:  Vintage  white dirndl top-thegoldenrulevintage/Black strapless top-thrifted/Little mermaid Kiss the girl skirt- Miss Lilillian Vance/Black oxfords-thrifted/Jennifer petticoat-Malco modes

Accessories: 1950's red wide brim hat with bow-vintage/ Blue rhombus drop earrings- Insomniac creations/ Little mermaid shell necklace-Bows & bounds/ 1950's blue gloves-vintage


Makeup: Brows,Lashes & Liner: Black cake Mascara - Besame Cosmetics/ Eyes:Treasures of the lagoon palette- Besame  Cosmetics/ Cheeks: Rose delicate rogue-Besame Cosmetics/ Lips: Red hot red -Besame cosmetics






I hope you enjoyed this outfit inspired by Kiss the girl from the Little Mermaid. I love sharing my Disney bounds with a vintage twist on here with all for you. Especially when these bounds incite conversation and inspiration. Representation matters,it is so incredibly important and that's why the new casting of Ariel is momentous. Here's to representation and diversity for us all,Disney you are taking a step in the right direction. Now tell me,if you could pick the rest of the cast who would you choose?



Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 


If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on who you'd like to see me bound as next, feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 





Paola xx aka "thehepburnmovement"

No comments