Freezing, but fabulous


Winter? In Florida is about is about 75 degrees F or 50 degrees F so not exactly "cold". I have not seen the snow since I was about eight and that was only half a day before it melted (I lived in Georgia). Needless to say I was unprepared for the freezing weather! This poses the question, how to dress Vintage Inspired in colder climates? I learned a couple of tips and tricks I want to share with you! 


1) Layer! Layering will be your best friend! Everyday I was in West Virginia (even when skiing) I wore a turtle neck under my other clothing and fleeced lined tights.

2) Choose wisely! Wear fabrics that will keep you warm, heavy knits, wools, fleece, faux fur and so on.

3) Be functional! Wear boots or shoes made to be in colder climates, I wore water-resistant boots because I was going to be in snow. A boot doesn't need to be ugly to keep you dry and warm! I opted for a pair of black Daisy boots by Arctic Plunge originally $120 but bought of Zulily for $29.99 they are duckbill boots that keep my vintage-inspired look! (Black Daisy Boots)


4) Accessorize! Not only will it keep you warm to have a scarf, a hat, gloves, earmuffs, or socks but it is also an easy way to bring in a vintage element! Fur was a huge staple in Vintage fashion, but since I don't believe in wearing fur I opted for a faux fur that would still look cute and keep me warm! 




5) Have Fun! If you are warm and having fun you will look fabulous! Even if you are in ski pants and a jacket if you are enjoying yourself that is truly beautiful! 



I hope you enjoyed my tips and tricks on dressing for the cold! It was a learning experience for me in many ways, not only was I in snow for the first time in a while, but I also learned to ski! Below are some of the photos from my trip! I hope you all stay nice and toasty during these cold months! 




My trip!




If you have any comments,questions or concerns or even suggestions on what you'd like to see us wear next, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.

As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola & Kirsten xx 

Aka "thehepburnmovement"

No comments