I am my own muse





We here at the thehepburnmovement strive to show the diversity of pinup/vintage culture every chance we get, to show that ANYONE and everyone can be a pinup regardless of your age, sexual orientation or race. That despite the lack of representation in the media, we exist and are here to inspire others to step out into the spotlight. People from all kinds of nationalities and identities make up this community and we aim to show that with every post. We want to highlight the wide variety of pinup/vintage loving people because they come from all walks of life, and deserve to be seen. This week we're featuring another dear friend we met all thanks to the blog. Lilian was  our very first small business sunday feature, who has grown to be a very dear friend. She is charming, witty,kind,outspoken and unapologetically herself. She fights for women's rights and accurate representation for pinups from every walk of life. Its with great pleasure that we share her story with all of you today!

 Photo taken by Lucy La Riot

Lilian 

We met Lilian thanks to the blog, she made some of our favorite everyday wear skirts. She was an absolute sweetheart through the whole process and our partnership quickly blossomed into a beautiful friendship. She inspires us on a regular basis to never give up on our dreams and be true to ourselves. Her undeniable courage,message of self love and positivity makes her the perfect candidate for our series. She shows that anyone can truly be a pinup and you don't need to look or be a certain way to do that, she embraces her natural hair and puts her own spin on being a pinup.

 Photo taken by Lucy La Riot



When did you get into the pinup life style?

Growing up my personal style has always been a little different than everyone I knew. As a kid I was that little girl with thousands of bangles on my arm and jelly shoes. I always liked to be ultra-feminine. During my teens I would always come up with something different to wear and started doing my own diy outfits and accessories . After I moved to the USA(Im originally from Brazil), I came into contact with a "whole new world" of styles and fashion. It was then that  I discovered the world of vintage, and to embrace my pinup side was just  the next logical step for me.


 Photo of Lilian taken by Lucy La Riot


Who is your biggest style inspiration?

I feel inspired by so many people, so its hard to choose just one. However my biggest style inspiration would have to be  Frida Kahlo ! I am obcessed with her. Her style, art and life are a true inspiration for the way I dress and live ! I'm inspired by color,nature and everything handmade ! I love to travel and wherever I go I try to get handmade accessories and clothing. I also make most of my vintage inspired clothes.   Much like Frida I believe in paving my own way in this world, with my own personal style.


 Photo taken by Lucy La Riot

How does it feel to be a WOC in the pinup community?

I feel embraced by my fellow pinups. I see so many styles , ethinicities and complexions all over social media. That really brings me joy. The key word is Representation, Always ! I work to show representation for others like me in every way I can, to show them that they can be pinups  if they really want to. Accepting who you are and how you look is what being a pinup is  all about.

Photo taken by Lucy La Riot

We hope you enjoyed this weeks edition of "Any one can be a pinup", as much as we enjoyed sharing her story with you. We love sharing pinups stories from all walks of life,especially when they are dear friends. Lilian embodies what it truly means to be a pinup everyday and thats just being yourself,happily and unapologetically so. This series has become something bigger than we ever imagined and we are so thankful to everyone who has let us share their story. If you'd like to be a part of it,please do not hesitate to reach out.



If you have any comments,questions or even suggestions on who you'd like to see us feature next, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.





As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola & Kirsten xx 

Aka "thehepburnmovement"

No comments