Vintage lover in a modern world


Here at the thehepburnmovement I strive to show the diversity of pinup/vintage culture every chance I get, to show that ANYONE and everyone can be a pinup regardless of your age, sexual orientation, or race. That despite the lack of representation in the media, we exist and are here to inspire others to step out into the spotlight. People from all kinds of nationalities and identities make up this community and I aim to show that with every post. I want to highlight the wide variety of pinup/vintage loving people because they come from all walks of life, and deserve to be seen. This weeks pinup is...




Sophia
I was fortunate enough to stumble across Sophia's instagram through the explore page and was instantly dazzled. After following her for a few months I knew she simply had to be part of the series so I reached out to her. She effortlessly mixes vintage and reproduction, perfectly poised and styled in every photo. She is an inspiring,kind and gentle soul! I'm so excited to be able to feature her in the series and learn more about her with all of you.


When did you get into the vintage  life style ?

2014. Right after I moved to the USA from China. 




Who is your biggest style inspiration ? 
Dita Von Teese. After I saw Dita Von Teese’s red carpet photos, I realized I could also wear vintage style in the modern day.

How does it feel to be a minority in the vintage  community ? 

I actually love the fact that I am a minority. That makes me feel special. Anyways, anyone could dress vintage as long as he/ she is pleased. Everyone, regardless of skin color looks great in vintage. I love the diversity of the vintage community. 

I hope you enjoyed reading more about Sophia, I'm so glad that the Instagram community brought us together. She is an incredibly inspiring,kind and fashionable soul. It is an honor to be able to share her story with all of you today! This series has grown so much thanks to the online vintage community,I am forever thankful for it. It has introduced me to so many wonderful people like Sophia. I am so grateful that I get to highlight people from all walks of life in it through this series.



If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see me do next, feel free to comment below and I'll do  my  best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 


Paola xx aka "thehepburnmovement"

No comments