Welcome to the beauxbaton academy of magic!




I've always loved Harry Potter I grew up with it being read to me as a bedtime story until I was old enough to read the series myself. I reread the series at least once a month and re-watch the movies every Christmas. There are very little things I would change about either adaptation, but there's always one common theme. The wardrobe and time period it's set in always made my little fashion-loving heart so sad. That's why when I read the fourth book and the Yule ball was mentioned I was beside myself with joy. (Goblet of Fire, for all of you who have no idea what I'm talking about). Not only were dress robes required but even the visiting schools had to wear them as well. Which brings us to today's outfit inspiration. From the second the beauxbatons danced onto the page, they found a special place in my heart. Their outfits are what I always dreamed of wearing if I were a Hogwarts student. The elegant, flowing nature of their outfits reminded me a lot of the gowns worn in the 1930s. So I decided to do a 1930's take on their school uniforms to visit Hogwarts. It seemed everyone was dressed to impress that day & I got to experience so many new adventures. Everything from Muggle transportation to Diagon Alley! Keep scrolling to see what mischief I managed to get into while I was there.


 I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good




Mischief Managed


Outfit details: 1930's baby blue gown-vintage /1940's blue pointed hat-spakeschildvintage/blue scalloped flats-thrifted/ 1950's blue gloves-vintage


Accessories: 1940's blue wide-brimmed hat-spakeasachildvintage/ rhombus earrings-gifted/1950's blue pearl necklace-vintage/1950's blue gloves-vintage


Makeup details: Brows, Lashes & Liner: Black cake Mascara - Besame Cosmetics/ Eyes: Mermaid lagoon palette-Besame cosmetics/ Cheeks: Rose delicate rogue-Besame Cosmetics/ Lips: Red hot red -Besame cosmetics





I hope you enjoyed reading about my adventures at Hogwarts. As you can see the Wizarding world was full of endless twists and surprises. I even met a few local celebrities while I was in town. While I got a few quizzical stares from the muggles my 30's beauxbaton outfit seemed to be a hit among the wizarding community. I've never been fond of going back to school but I definitely look forward to my next Hogwarts trip! While the Hogwarts outfits leave little to be desired I loved getting to dress up in an outfit inspired by the beauxbatons uniforms. I definitely think I want to recreate some more iconic Harry Potter outfits again soon, maybe Umbridge? She was evil but you can't deny she's got style! Who would you dress up as from the wizarding world?

Thank you Erick Paul Photography for taking these amazing photos. 

If you have any comments, questions or even suggestions on who I should dress up as next feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner.


As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola xx aka "thehepburnmovement"








1 comment

  1. Oh my goodness! This is absolute perfection!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete