The butterfly whisperer

 
Greetings, ladies & gentleman..? (I'm sure there are some of you reading our blog, atleast our boyfriends anyways. Shout out to you two for being so amazingly supportive. We love you) ! It's just me Paola on today's post, Kirsten & I unfortunately spent the week apart on account that it was spring break. However, we got some much needed r&r time and got to see some of our favorite people so there was definitely a silver lining. I spent the week with my family in Florida, while Kirsten spent it with her grandparents in Georgia. The somewhat lengthy distance between us made it hard to work on joint outfits  together,well that and we sort of packed last minute.(we're talking maybe two hours before we had to leave, can you tell we're best friends?). So we didn't have a theme set in mind and I thought boy  it's perfect timing for me to do a solo post of my adventures spent over spring break. Especially since Kirsten's spring break was spent just relaxing and catching up with her grandparents.As you'd probably guessed by the title today's post has to do with my trip to the butterfly rainforest in Gainesville,Florida. Now you're probably wondering how in the blazes does this have anything to do with fashion, nonetheless pinup fashion? Well if you keep reading I promise you'll find out.
A question I get asked a lot when I'm out and about is "Why are you dressed like that, are you in some kind of play or show"? People don't seem to think that someone would dress this way on a regular basis. ( I can assure you I do & you should see some of the looks I get when grocery shopping ). To me being a pinup isn't just a style that I like , it's a life style choice & I embrace it every chance I get. It doesn't matter whether I'm going to the park or out on a date, you'll never catch me in any other attire because this is who I am. Swing dresses & petticoats are as normal to me as yoga pants + t-shirts are to others( I promise I own both of these things and wear them on my days off, no clothes shaming here!). The best part about style is that it's something that is your own, even if you fit the criteria for a category such as pinup that doesn't take away from its uniqueness. In fact that's the theme behind today's post. Butterflies all fit the same category , however there are millions of different kinds of butterflies , they come in every color , shape and size. They're a lot like you and me, we've all got distinct traits and personalities that make us unique despite our similar appearances. The same can be said about pinups we may all look the same but it's the bits of us we bring to our style that make us unique and beautiful in our own way just like butterflies. Now without further delay enjoy pictures of the butterfly garden & my butterfly whispering ways.

Butterfly rainforest




Classics with a twist
My outfit was chosen with this theme in mind and its a reflection of me, my pinup style with a twist. These are my three favorite colors paired together and I'm sure if I were a butterfly my wings would be decorated just like this.This is who I am everyday of the week and although I did get asked by  a few people why I was dressed up or if I had a special occasion, the response to my outfit choice was pretty positive.  Yes I refer to myself as a pinup but I am so much more than that and I try to express myself in every outfit I wear. I can tell you one thing for certain the butterflies sure loved it,because they knew that I was just like them.
Outfit Details: Vintage 1950 L'Aiglon dress-Theophilusvintage /Red headscarf -Vintage/Red sash-Vintage/Jennifer Petticoat-Malco modes/Va Va Voluminous -Hell Bunny /Black Iones-BAIT



I hope you enjoyed this snippet of my spring break and the pictures of this little slice of paradise. If you're in the area anytime soon,I highly recommend it,its a gorgeous place with friendly staff and there is so much to see + admire nature at its finest.If you take anything at all from this post let it be this, Don't let anyone dull your sparkle or take away what makes you,you. You are one of a kind and never allow anyone to make you feel any less,whether you wear t-shirts and yoga pants or swing skirts and petticoats like me. Now go out there and show the world what an amazing human being you are full of life and all of the wonderful things that make you unique + never apologize for it.
If you have any comments,questions or concerns feel free to comment below and we'll do our best to reply.

As always thanks for reading, 

May your days be filled with pretty dresses & or fabulous dapper clothes + a lot of happiness.

Paola & Kirsten xx

AKA "thehepburnmovement"



4 comments

  1. Lovely post! I love the classic black and white look with the pop of red. As for commentary from the outside world - just ignore it. I have gotten so used to the attention my outfits attract that I barely notice it. In my area, not a lot of people are daring enough to talk TO me but often I get looks, pointing, and I can hear people comment about my outfit to each other. Never bad, usually it's just surprising to others when someone stands out and they admire the guts we have for being ourselves. I think they're also a bit jealous they wouldn't have the guts to dress the way we do!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much gorgeous! They're my three favorite colors that just happen to pair perfectly together :) I couldn't agree with you more,we've got to take everything in stride and just strut our beautiful fashionable selves no matter what !

      Delete
  2. This is such an inspiring post, Paola!! Everything you said is right on the money! It took me a little while to come to this realization for myself, and deal with standing out, so I'm glad that you've fully embraced who you are, and feel confident enough to be that butterfly <3.

    And haha, I get SO many comments in the grocery store! So far, though, they've all been positive… I think it just surprises people. Who knows, maybe they're thinking "I wish I felt able to wear things like that." And if so, then hopefully someday they will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I was bit nervous to do my own post but I enjoyed it. I'm glad you've become a gorgeous butterfly as well <3
      Yes ,this is so true I always hope that one day my looks will inspire them to dress in the way that makes them truly happy too.

      Delete