Adventure is out there!



As the summer days drag on I find myself feeling much like Belle, constantly singing the same song over and over again, trapped in a small town with nothing to do full of people who don't understand me and yearning for adventure somewhere else. 

"I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great wide somewhere 

I want it more than I can tell And for once it might be grand

To have someone understand 

I want so much more than they've got planned"

That's why this post comes with such a happy title, I'm finally getting a taste of that adventure (my mother listened to my qualms and together we planned some amazing adventures). Now my summer wasn't quite as eventful as Kirsten's because I had family come visit me instead of me visiting them for a change, but what few adventures I did go on made all the difference. I usually spend my summers feeling a bit sad and bored due to my family being located in a small town, with absolutely NOTHING to do. Granted I willingly choose to visit during the summers to spend time with them, since during the school year I stay near school and I can't really see them as often as I'd like. However even though I go visit them, that doesn't change the fact that my summers are usually rather lack luster.


This year however we decided enough was enough and decided to do something about it for a change. Ladies and gentleman I CANNOT express how happy I am that we decided to do this, I have had an itch to travel since I was little. Life hasn't given me much room to do this and I've felt like a bird trapped in a cage just waiting to be set free (by much I mean no room whatsoever to travel and I almost thought it would never happen. CUE THE DRAMATIC MUSIC). The only downside is not being able to spend it with my other half (Kirsten, my true soulmate of course), but with such wonderful sights to see and memories to be made I can't be too sad, besides she'll be having adventures of her own you'll see! In true "thehepburnmovement" fashion I dressed up wherever I went and it made the whole trip unforgettable, because nothing makes your day quite like a good outfit yeah? Keep on scrolling to not only see what I did,but also how I kept my style with me everywhere I went.


Miami aka the magic city

This year was the year for all the things to happen though and it's honestly been the best summer by far. We first went to my home city, one of the greatest cities EVER Miami and spent time with all my family who lives there. It's funny how the place you grew up in changes and yet it never fails to make you feel the same happiness and bliss every time you visit (that is if you loved it as much I did growing up, if not well that's a whole other story isn't it?). For me Miami is riddled with nostalgia and fond memories,it felt like coming home again amongst all the chaos and noise and the LARGE Hispanic community that always treats you like family everywhere you go. As you can probably tell I could go on about Miami for days,so I'll just share a few of my favorite spots with you and of course that includes the beach!

Lincoln road/Day 1:


Day 2/ Hollywood beach:


Day 3 /Las Olas:


Day 4/ South Beach:


Vacation chic


Outfit details:Dolores top-Collectif/ Queen of Hearts Jenny-PUG /Jennifer Petticoat-Malco Modes/Red Rose- Jezebels/ Red earrings -Luxulite/Red Belt-Vintage/ Black Iones-BAIT
Outfit details:Pink Halter-Ebay/Atomic Print Skirt-Handmade(Gift) /Jennifer Petticoat-Malco Modes/Black Iones-BAIT/ Pink hair flower-Jezebels/Black Grommet Belt-Bernie Dexter/Pin-up Picnic Brooch-Erstwilder

Outfit details: Picnic print Zooey Dress(discontinued)- Pin up girl clothing/White sunhat-Local Flea Market/ Jennifer petticoat-Malco modes

Tampa  aka The Big Guava
This wasn't my first time visiting Tampa infact I visited a few times while in highschool for field trips, but it was definitely the most memorable. A little known fact about my twin and I, is that we are HUGE anime nerds. You wouldn't tell that just by looking at us but it's true beneath our cute girly exterior lies our inner nerd. We are very proud to admit it and have been to quite a few anime conventions in our time that have helped that love grow (yes our loves grows like a plant, it's that serious). However we have never been lucky enough to go to Metro con until this year, Anna saved up enough to take us there. My other half tagged along for the adventure and of course to be the Tombo to my Kiki because he gets a kick out of these events too. We went primarily to meet our internet friends for the first time. Who says internet friends aren't real friends?! They were everything we dreamed of and so much more! There's nothing better than putting a face, voice and a smile to an internet friend it makes them all the more real. We met thanks to our shared love of all things cute, fashionable and of course nerdy! They made the whole event unforgettable and we can't wait to go on more adventures with them. We are so glad we met both online and in real life.

Metro con









All Dressed up
Paola's outfit details:Dark Purple Jenny Dress -PUG/Ballet flats-Target/Jennifer Petticoat- Malco Modes/Va Va Voluminous-Hell Bunny/ Red Hair bow-Forever 21/ Black wig -Ebay/Black Grommet Belt-Bernie Dexter/ Jiji Plush-Ebay
Anna's outfit details: Judy outfit -Ebay/ Silver wig-Ebay/Black comabt boots-XXI

Savannah aka The Hostess City 
Do you ever visit a place and suddenly feel like you've found a place where you belong? Thats what Savannah felt like to me, as soon as we arrived it just screamed "Welcome home". Its history rich streets, coupled with its kind and charming people left me yearning to visit again soon (in the winter preferably so I don't die of heat exhaustion, again). Everywhere we turned there was something new to see, a new place to explore or adventure to go on. This was the highlight of the summer simply because it was our mini getaway vacation. None of us had ever been to Savannah before and it was an incredible experience. It felt more full of character and life than any other place I'd ever been to in my whole life, as I swept the streets trying to take in all the sights/smells I found myself wishing for more time. Although I stayed less than a week, it was my absolute favorite place by far because it felt so "right" being there. I cannot wait to go back someday!



Day 1: Car trip/Hotel lounging 


Day 2/ Historic District:


Day 3/River street






Taking the scenic route
Outfit details: Blue 50's gingham Dress-Vintage (Gift)/White belt-Bernie dexter/Small checkered ribbon sunhat -Vintage/Ballet flats-Target/ Jennifer Petticoat- Malco Modes
Outfit details:50's Yellow rose dress-Capsule Vintage /Gold t-strap Mary Jane flats-Zulily/ Pink earrings -Luxulite/White Belt-Vintage / Floppy oversized sunhat -Local Flea market/Jennifer PetticoatMalco Modes
Outfit details: 1950's L'Aiglon dress-TheOphilusVintage/Jennifer Petticoat- Malco Modes/Wide Black Belt-Gift/Black wide brim hat-XXI/ Black Iones-BAIT
I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of what I did this summer, as you can see my style follows me everywhere after all it's my way of life. I never stop being who I am or dressing the way I do for anyone or anything and I certainly don't let location stop me. I had a wonderful time sharing my love of all things pinup and vintage every place I visited. I received nonstop compliments the whole time and I couldn't be happier. This is the time I feel most like me all dolled up in true pinup fashion and I won't change for anyone. For those naysayers who say you can't dress like this on vacation, I've just proved you wrong haven't I? Not that I need an occasion to dress up of course, but what better time than vacation is what I say. Life is too short to wear boring clothes for fear of standing out or not being "normal", normal is over rated after all. Be yourself there's nothing wrong with that, in fact the world will love you all the more for it. Nobody else can be the wonderful person that you are except for you, so don't be afraid to be you no matter where you are or where you go. Go have fun, make new memories with your loved ones, and be the unapologetically awesome person that you are!

If you have any comments,questions or concerns feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner.

As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & alot of happiness. 

Paola & Kirsten xx 





Aka "thehepburnmovement"
SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments

  1. The perfect outfit for every activity! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as ever! Your adventures sounded like so much fun! I still haven't been to Metro. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete