Summertime sadness? Nope.

Sorry for the small hiatus this summer has been a busy one, for the both of us and we were unable to get together to work on the blog as much as we would have liked, but we are back now! We decided to show you some of the adventures we each had his summer, the only thing we did together this summer was the Ingrid Michealson concert that you can read in this post. Other than that we did separate adventures! Kirsten jetsetted this summer and went to New Mexico, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and Virginia; on the other hand Paola (read post) stayed closer to home going to Miami and Savannah Georgia. Since we had so many adventures and wouldn't want to make a huge post we each decided to make our own! 

New Orleans!

My first adventure this summer was to New Orleans! My mom was stationed in New Orleans, and we went to New Orleans for the inactivation ceremony, but while we were there we got to explore! While there I went to the WWII museum and explored the French quarter. In the French Quarter I got to go into the Trashy Diva store and got my first two items (post coming soon)! My favorite thing I ate were those men catching beignets! We toured Evergreen Plantation, the oldest intact plantation, which was also the set of Roots. We also got to eat at some of the most breath taking restaurants in the area!


 



NEW MEXICO!

Then I went to New Mexico, while out west I got to see the most breathtaking landscapes, my favorite being the white sands! My father was born and raised in New Mexico, so it was nice to see some of the places he went to as a young boy as well as meet some of the people who made an impact in his life. While we were there the city of Las Cruces was using Lamas and goats to clean up the weeds and such which was super unique. The food in New Mexico is great, and something that isn't replicated on the east coast.



 In Pennsylvania we went to Gettysburg, toured yuengling, and went to Hershey and Hershey park! Pennsylvania has some of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen, we drove through lovely scenic areas such a Carlisle. My mom was graduating from the Army War College in Carlisle, PA so while we were in the area we explored!

Gettysburg! 





Carlisle, PA (Mom's graduation and exploring)!



Hershey, PA and Hershey park! 



Yuengling Brewery! 


While in Virginia we went to Colonial Williamsburg, and went on a ghost tour! Colonial Williamsburg is beautiful, the Governor's Palace is breathtaking! The front gate even has... A UNICORN! We also went to Williamsburg Busch gardens which has some of the best roller coasters I've been on!

Busch gardens Williamsburg! 



Colonial Williamsburg! 



I hope you enjoyed my first solo blog post about my adventures this summer! I hope that everyone had a safe and fun summer be it at home or abroad. You don't have to go anywhere to have an adventure, sometimes the best adventures are in your own backyard! As you can see I don't dress full pinup daily, but I add little things to keep my style even if I'm in workout clothes. Adding a hair flower, brooch or just a top that has a very classic look can change everything and make your look a little more retro!

If you have any comments,questions or concerns feel free to comment below and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner.

As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & alot of happiness. 

Paola & Kirsten xx 



Aka "thehepburnmovement"


2 comments

  1. Y'all look great. The only attempt I ever had to ride a mechanical bull it threw me off immediately. Can't wait to read the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much! I was surprised how long I was able to stay on! <3 Kirsten

      Delete