A Disney World princess in Disneyland!



Castles, princesses, and Mickey Mouse? What could be so different? In early August I (Kyra) went on my first trip to California and while there HAD to go to Disneyland and California Adventure! During my trip I noticed some similarities and some differences, most are small differences but some either made or broke my trip! I decided it would be fun to tell you the differences I found! One thing I noticed right away when entering Disneyland was that main street seemed so small; the buildings were small compared to the ones in Magic Kingdom. 

WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT vs DISNEYLAND RESORT

  • Photopass- Disney World is the winner for more photopass  opportunities(and nicer photopass employees for sure). During my trip to Disneyland I was alone a good chunk of the time while my friend was at work and therefore was depending on photopass photos for my trip, but there aren't that many photopass photographers in Disneyland and 2/3 of the ones I did meet were rude. The majority of character meet and greets will not have photopass, so keep this in mind!

  • Character Meet and Greet- Tie... Disneyland does roaming characters which is both good and bad, the good is that you can meet characters that you won't see otherwise. The bad? Most of the meet and greets aren't on a daily basis, so make sure if you know a character is meeting at a  certain time go then, don't wait until the next day because they might not show up that day. They say that the app is the most up to date way to learn about character greetings, but I found it very misleading.

  • Food- Not taking into consideration EPCOT or Animal Kingdom then Disneyland would win!

  • Drinks- WALT DISNEY WORLD HAS FROZEN COKE! I spent three days of my trip trying to find frozen coke in the Disneyland parks and the closest thing I found was frozen cherry-coke in California Adventure (not as good).

  • Bag Check- Tie! Disneyland is great because there is only one bag check because the parks are super close to each other. Disney World has a no bag line wish is very useful.

  • Cast Discounts- DISNEYLAND! WHAT? THEY HAVE SO MANY FOOD DISCOUNTS! Even Starbucks has a cast discount!

  • Fast Pass system- Disney World's fastpass system is one thing I truly missed while in California! 

  • Rides- Tie! While Magic Kingdom and Disneyland have many rides similar it was nice to ride some of the rides that have been taken from Magic Kingdom like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I will admit that the Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland is better than Magic Kingdom's, but I prefer Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion to Disneyland's. There isn't a Walt Disney World park that can be compared to California Adventure, but aspects of Animal Kingdom (Grizzly Park/Bugs Land), Hollywood Studios (Hollywood Land), and EPCOT (mostly soaring) can be found within it. 




Another little difference I found was that Walt Disney World is more accommodating for sharing your devices. I have seen people just plug their phones into the wall and leave it at all 4 Disney World parks, but the one person I saw try to do that at Disneyland got into trouble. Magic Kingdom also has a charing area outside of the Tangled bathroom in Fantasyland. As well as the ability to leave your phone charging in different areas I.E Epcot's guest relations.



While I may be partial to Walt Disney World I can admit that I loved my time exploring the original park and am counting the days until I go back! There is something about that little castle in the center of Disneyland that makes you feel like you've got butterflies in your stomach. 






I
f you have any comments,questions or even suggestions on what you'd like us to talk about next regarding the parks, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.



As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola & Kyra xx 

Aka "thehepburnmovement"


No comments