Someday my prince will come


Like most princesses we dreamed of finding happily ever after, whether that included a significant other or not we weren't sure but we remained hopeful. Now we didn't wait around waiting for them to come, we mirrored Mulan in that aspect. We set out to live our own lives, fight our own battles and just happened upon love along the way. We definitely got lucky with these fellas. There's no denying that we've had to kiss a few frogs along the way, but we're pretty confident that we've found our princes. At least they haven't turned into frogs yet... so that's a  good sign right? While we have mentioned our significant others in quite a few posts over the last year, we've never really introduced them. We figured there was no better time to show them off than national boyfriend day. After all they are the leading men in our lives and we think they deserve a little limelight. Ready to read about our happily ever afters? Then scroll down and keep reading!


It's a love story
Martin & My's love story started like many of my other relationships thanks to clothes, a red  vintage cardigan to be exact. It was one of those rare cold days in Florida and I wasn't prepared because it didn't usually last. Our mutual friend Victor saw me shivering in the hallway at lunch and lent me his red cardigan. It was love at first sight and I  promptly told him, that this cardigan and I belonged together. He wasn't very keen on that idea, so he decided to introduce me to the person he got it from in the hopes that he'd get his cardigan back. With the promise of cute clothes on the horizon I followed him and met Martin. For those of you wondering I kept the cardigan, it brought me Martin after all and if that's not fate I don't know what is.



Like many other millennial couples Ricardo and I officially met online, via tumblr. We were acquaintances because I knew Martin (Ricardo's twin), but Ricardo and I had only met in person a handful of times. A couple years later I needed someone to go swing dancing with me because my typical partner couldn't go so I messaged Ricardo on tumblr and said "you look like someone who would like swing dancing, would you want to go with me?" We ended up going to a carnival instead and I taught him to swing dance in the parking lot. The rest is history. 



Now whats the best part of these love stories you ask? Well its what brought us together and essentially  what started the thehepburnmovement, that's right its thanks to these handsome fellas that we became friends. We met one day while hanging out at our fella's parents homes and decided to follow eachother on tumblr. It was all the rage back then, and thats how we started talking. We would send eachother messages  everyday and quickly discovered that we were basically soul mates. We have been best friends ever since! 



Paola & Martin through the years (2012-2017)







Kirsten & Ricardo through the years (2013-2017)


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor






We hope you enjoyed getting to know our boyfriends and us in turn a little better. They're a huge part of our lives and in turn our blog, so we knew we had to introduce them someday! Don't worry we won't flood the blog with lovey dovey stuff, not yet anyways. There's plenty of time to do that later on, for now we're content sharing a little piece of our lives with all of you.



If you have any comments,questions or even suggestions on what you'd like to see us feature next, feel free to comment below and we'll do  our  best to reply in a timely manner.



As always thanks for reading, may your days be filled with pretty dresses, dapper clothes & a lot of happiness. 

Paola & Kyra xx 

Aka "thehepburnmovement"



No comments