A return to sweetness and decency




Being the slightly fanatic audrey lovers that we are, when we first laid eyes on the Penny dress by Lindy bop we just knew we had to get it. This adorable little number  is based off of a dress worn in a Galaxy chocolate commercial,which gets its inspiration from one of our all time favorite audrey movies "Roman Holiday"(we're talking top 5 ,yes its just that wonderful and if you haven't watched it you most certainly should and tell us how you feel about it). It is a cream dress with chocolate covered polka dots (an absolutely adorable combo), it comes with a matching  sash and scarf one to tie around your waist and one for your neck.
We decided to make this our first review since its an item we both have and simply had to share how we felt about.We were both very happy to finally get our hands on it as its been sold out for quite some time this task was a bit tedious but certainly not impossible especially for dress sleuths such as ourselves. This isn't our first product from Lindy bop and certainly not our last but hands down the most near and dear to our hearts. We get a little sentimental about these kinds of things especially if its an item like this one that allows us to personify our love and admiration of an incredibly talented,kind and inspirational woman such as Audrey Hepburn.

 How it fits :

Kirsten- measurements (35, 25, 36)- I wore the dress in a UK 10 (which is the equivalent to a small), the dress fit me well everywhere though it was very low cut. Thankfully the matching scarf kept me decent and sweet as Audrey preferred it. Due to the buttons at the top of the dress someone with a larger bust might have pulling or button gaping even, but that did not happen with me. I loved the way this dress laid on me, it was comfy and elegant and I don't see it getting wrinkly when you pack it! Also it has amazing swishing abilities! Its the perfect dress to twirl in and the colors seem to compliment every skin tone. Plus the polka dots are not obnoxiously big or pin dots,they are a good size that makes them easy to style and mix with other prints and colors if needed.


Paola- measurements (30-21-32) : I obviously need the smallest size available which is the UK 8/ XS. Due to my rather small measurements it did fit big however it wasn't unmanageable and its a dilemma that I face with almost every piece of clothing.  If you're closer to the measurements on the sizing chart it will work perfectly for you as it seems to run true to size. Despite the slight big fit it was still a delight to wear and very beautiful. However just like Kirsten mentioned it is indeed very low cut and I was forced to wear a cami underneath for fear of having indecent exposures while out and about.(I'm talking mega bra flashing with every movement not just  a little cleavage, and that is definitely not the look I was going for). It is very light weight perfect for summer months,fully lined and has belt loops to ensure that your belt doesn't slide and slip around.Its also full enough to accommodate a petticoat underneath although it'll definitely need to be on the shorter side since mine peeked out being 24 inches in length.


Styling:
Kirsten: Since it was a cold and rainy day I decided to wear my hair up in a ponytail with a cute lace headband. I am also wearing a vintage trench coat and a blue sweater underneath it. My shoes for the day were combat boots because I just had surgery recently on my toe and it is still healing. We both decided to do makeup looks inspired by Audrey's in Roman Holiday, hence exchanging our usual red lips for softer colors and thicker brows to mimic her iconic ones along with a neutral eyeshadow look. I used a taupe pink lipstick and warm blush for her glowing look in the movie.




Paola: It was cold and rainy on my end as well, I was on third day of my wet set and just brushed the waves some more to smooth them out and  decided to don a vintage 1950's brown velvet hat to combat the rain with a brown bow/ netting,black tights and vintage black shoes. My eyebrows are naturally thick and dark besides the tails so I thickened them a bit to look like Audrey's and I tried to mimic her eyeliner look (unfortunately mine has a mind of its own and thinks understated and small means dramatic cat eyes..one day eyeliner I will control you!),I also used soft pink lipstick and blush for that rosy glow.



Outfit details

Kirsten: Penny Dress -Lindy bop / Trench coat- Vintage/Lacey headband - / Blue sweater -Loft Similar Here/Combat boots- Modcloth
Paola: Penny Dress- Lindy bop/Tights-walgreens/ Hat-Vintage/Shoes-Vintage/Jennifer Petticoat- Malco modes

We hope you enjoyed our homage to Audrey Hepburn & our first review. If you have any more questions regarding fit feel free to comment below and we will do our best to help.
 Thanks for reading as always, 
May your days be filled with pretty dresses and a lot of happiness .
Paola & Kirsten xx
Aka "thehepburnmovement"

4 comments

  1. How cute are you two?! I'm loving with you're doing with your blog, Paola! Thank you for discussing the fit and quality of this dress, ladies. I enjoyed this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support and feed back Connie. It means so much to us <3 :) You are an absolute sweetheart !

      Delete
  2. Ladies you look amazing! Love the details and so very Audrey. Followed this from a FB post and I am so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much ! We appreciate it immensely <3

    ReplyDelete